Row to Recovery (R2R) Program
Saturday, July 16 and August 6 (8:30 - 10:30 am)
Saturday, August 6, 20 and 27 (8:30 - 10:30 am)
The program is open to new and returning participants who are cancer survivors. This year, the program is moving to Saturday mornings and we'll offer a 2 class session in both July and August
We’ll start the morning with a quick overview of the sport, learning basic rowing technique on our indoor rowing machines, and then go out on the water for a row with our volunteer rowers and coxswain.
- Find new strengths you did not know you had
- Achieve both personal and group goals in learning to row together
- Experience the beauty of Lexington Reservoir
- Camaraderie and fun!
Who can participate:
- Anyone in remission from cancer or recovering from treatment (clearance from your doctor is required)
- Caregivers are also welcome, if space permits.
Cost: Free of charge
Questions? Please contact:
The award-winning 16mm documentary film about nine breast cancer survivors who raced together in the world's largest two-day international rowing regatta. The film follows the women's stories as they bond and share hope from their first meeting through the race. Our own Mary Ruddell is the coxswain of this inspirational group of rowers.
NINE from Jennifer Bauer on Vimeo.