LGRC Intern Application, Summer 2017
The Summer Intern will provide coaching and operational support for the LGRC summer programs, including Summer Junior Learn-to-Row Camps, Novice and Varsity Development Camps, Outreach Programs, and Corporate Rows. More information about the camps is provided below. In addition, interns will assist with boathouse and equipment maintenance. The position reports to the Director of Rowing but will support the entire LGRC coaching staff. Compensation is $10- $12 per hour for approximately 20 hours/week starting on or around June 10, 2015.
- Resume (including education, work, and rowing experience)
- Personal Statement:The success of the junior program is due, in part, to the recruitment of prospective athletes through the Summer Junior Learn to Row Program and Interns are vital to the success, the energy, pace, enthusiasm, and safety, of this important summer program.In a short Personal Statement, provide some information about the following:
- Why do you want to intern at LGRC.
- What experience do you have with Middle and High School aged athletes?What was challenging, rewarding, and what you learned that will allow you to succeed at this position.
- As a coach, what do you feel is the most important aspect of this position?
- Why are you a good candidate for this position and what distinguishes you from other candidates?
Requirements if hired:
Upon completion, please email these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org,
or mail them to LGRC, P.O. Box 188, Los Gatos, CA 95031-0188, Attn: Jaime Velez, Director of Rowing.