Youth Program- Registration Information and Policies
Junior Registration Program Information
- The Fee for the 2022 - 2023 Junior Season is $5000 payable in two installments of $2500 on September 1, 2022, and January 5, 2023.
- The Fee for any athletes that did not participate in the Fall 2022 program and join in the Spring of 2023 will be $3250.
- Fees cover coaching, regatta fees, and travel costs for away regattas (except for "select" regattas - see below), and the end-of-season Junior Banquet.
- All forms must be submitted and fees paid prior to participation in program.
- All payments are nonrefundable after midnight on September 18, 2022. (Please see the Refund Policy for details and deadlines.)
- Cancellation requests received by September 18, 2022 are subject to a $350 fee to cover coaching costs and a processing fee.
Potential Costs not included in program fees
- Novice fall uniform ~$60
- Spring Racing Uniform - $100
- Logowear (optional)
- Team Dinners (Optional)
Additional Regatta costs for Varsity Athletes
Varsity athletes (occasionally select Novice) may be selected to attend training trips and regattas that are not included in the regular rowing program fees. Participation in these events is conditional and requires payment of the additional costs in advance. Examples include:
- Select Regatta Travel:
- Head of the Charles Regatta - estimate $1,250
- San Diego Crew Classic - estimate $1,025
- Youth Nationals - $3,100
- Henley Royal Regatta - $3,315
Other requirements for Novice and Varsity Team membership:
- Successful completion of a $500 fundraising requirement during the Annual Capital Campaign (September 2022). See Fundraising Page: --> Youth - Fundraising Requirement
- Required Parent Volunteer Hours: The Junior Program is heavily reliant on the support of our parent volunteers. Each Family is required to volunteer 10 hours per junior athlete. More information can be found at: -->Youth - Volunteer Hour Buyout
Scholarship Application and Information
A limited number of need-based scholarships are made available to qualified athletes each season. Please contact Director of rowing, Jaime Velez, with any scholarship inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found on the Scholarship page: --> Scholarship Policy
Discount for Multiple Athlete Policy:
Families with two or more junior or adult members participating LGRC youth programs may receive up to a 10% discount. Details about the Multiple Athlete Discount can be found at -->Discount for Multiple Athletes