Youth Program- Registration Information and Policies
Junior Registration Program Information
- The Fee for the 2020 - 2021 Junior Season is $4100 payable in two installments of $2050 on September 3, 2020, and January 1, 2021.
- The Fee for any athletes that did not participate in the Fall 2020 program and join in the Spring of 2021 will be $2750.
- The fee for the 2020-2021 Junior Season is lower than previous seasons because, currently, there are no regattas planned for the Fall of 2020 due to Covid-19 Restrictions. We are planning to be able to attend regattas this Spring.
- Fees cover coaching, Spring regatta fees, and travel costs for away regattas (except for "select" regattas - see below), and the end-of-season Junior Banquet.
- All forms must be submitted and fees paid prior to participation in program.
- All payments are nonrefundable after midnight on January 17, 2021. (Please see the Refund Policy for details and deadlines.)
- Cancellation requests received by January 17, 2021 are subject to a $300 fee to cover coaching costs and a processing fee.
Potential Costs not included in program fees
- Heart Rate Monitor - $47.50
- Novice fall uniform ~$60
- Spring Racing Uniform - $100
- Spiritwear (optional)
- Team Dinners (Optional)
Additional Regatta costs for Varsity Athletes
Varsity athletes (occasionally select novices) may be selected to attend training trips and regattas that are not included in the regular rowing program fees. Participation in these events is conditional and requires payment of the additional costs in advance. Examples include:
- Select Regatta Travel:
- Head of the Charles Regatta - estimate $1250 (Canceled for Fall of 2020)
- San Diego Crew Classic - estimate $900
- Rose City Invitational - estimate $650
Total Additional Costs for a select rower - estimate $2,800
Other requirements for Novice and Varsity Team membership:
- Successful completion of a $450 fundraising requirement during the Annual Capital Campaign (October 2020). Families that converted their 2020 Spring Regatta Fee to a donation to LGRC are not required to participate in the Fall 2020 fundraiser. See Fundraising Page: --> Youth - Fundraising Requirement
- Required Parent Volunteer Hours (Policy may be subject to change for the 2020-2021 Season): The Junior Program is heavily reliant on the support of our parent volunteers. Each Family is required to volunteer 10 hours per junior athlete. More information can be found at: -->Youth - Volunteer Hour Buyout
Scholarship Application and Information
A limited number of need-based scholarships are made available to qualified athletes each season. Please contact Director of rowing, Jaime Velez, with any scholarship inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found on the Scholarship page: --> Scholarship Policy
Discount for Multiple Athlete Policy:
Families with two or more junior or adult members participating LGRC youth programs may receive up to a 10% discount. Details about the Multiple Athlete Discount can be found at -->Discount for Multiple Athletes